Commissioner to consider resolutions, enter executive session Thursday
[Tiffin, OH June 1, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday for a regular board session.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92595230790?pwd=c0d1cVJ0MVY4RXUwSERweXo4SnE2QT09.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790. The passcode for the meeting is 453802. Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID and then enter the passcode.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
At about 10:15 a.m., the board is to host a second Community Development Block Grant hearing.
At 10:30 a.m., the commissioners are scheduled to enter an executive discussion for collective bargaining (union negotiations).
In new business, the board is to consider:
• Accepting the bid and entering into a contract with Damschroder Roofing, Inc., of Fremont, for the roof replacement at 3362 TR 151 & 3300 S. TR 151. The project is for work done on the roof of the buildings that house the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services, the Seneca County Engineer’s Office and the Seneca Park District. The buildings are located just south of Tiffin near SR 100 and US 224. The company’s bid was for $303,042.
• Approval of the Community Development Implementation Strategy.
• Affirming the county’s due diligence to provide for equal housing opportunity and affirmatively further fair housing in Seneca County.
• Authorizing Seneca Regional Planning Commission as the grant administrator for the program year 2021 Community Development Block Grant allocation and grant.
• Appointing SRPC Executive Director Charlene Watkins as the labor compliance officer for CDBG programs.
• Approval of projects and amounts for the CDBG PY 2021 Community Development Program.
• Signing and submitting the FY 2022-2024 DYS Subsidy Reclaim Grant Application on behalf of the commissioners and the Seneca County Juvenile Court.
• Accepting the bid and authorizing a contract with Transportation Equipment Salles for one, seven-passenger rear wheelchair ramp minivan on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center.