Commissioners to hear an update from Great Lakes Community Action Partnership Thursday
[Tiffin, OH – June 6, 2023] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., the commissioners are to hear an update from Great Lakes Community Action Partnership personnel.
GLCAP has served the northwest Ohio area for more than 50 years. Beginning in 1965 as WSOS Community Action Commission following the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964, which helped create hundreds of community action agencies throughout the United States. According to the agency’s website, its mission is “We create partnerships and opportunities to help individuals, families and communities thrive.”
Learn more at www.glcap.org.
At about 10:30 a.m., a public hearing is scheduled for a petition to vacate a bridge in Pleasant Township.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* A $1,000 supplemental appropriation to the Concealed Handgun Licenses for equipment.
* A -$2,656.87 correction to the EPA On-Lot Septic System for a loan payment.
* Establishing the Sandusky County General Health District – Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation Grant Fund on behalf of the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Ottawa, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties.
* Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for the Seneca County EMS Station #1.
* Setting time, date and place to receive sealed statements of qualifications for energy conservation and facility improvement projects.
*Authorizing an agreement with the Village of New Riegel on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office.
* Affirming Seneca County’s due diligence to provide for equal housing opportunity and affirmatively further fair housing in the county.
* Approving the projects and amounts for the Community Development Block Grant Program Year 2023 Community Development Program and submitting the application and all related documents to the state.
* Establishing the purpose and use of the Economic Development Revolving Loan Fund.
* The commitment of leverage funds from the Economic Development Revolving Loan Fund Program for Program Year 2023 through the CDBG Program.