Meeting Release

Pre-meeting release for 8/26 session

Commissioners to hear grant update for Seneca County Museum project Thursday

[Tiffin, OH – August 24, 2021] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option available.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Passcode: 453802
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At about 10:15 a.m., Seneca County Museum Director Theresa Sullivan and Seneca Regional Planning Commissioner Executive Director Charlene Watkins are to update the commissioners on a grant that could help fund improvements at the museum.
Watkins said the grant, which is through the Ohio History Connection, would help to fund repairs at the museum’s carriage house. The museum is expected to apply for 60 percent of the project cost, not to exceed $20,000. Watkins said the Seneca County Barnes-Deinzer Museum Foundation would assist with the remaining 40 percent.
At about 10:30 a.m., the board will, for the third time, open bids for a renovation project at CROSSWAEH, the community-based correctional facility located at 3055 SR 100.
The commissioners previously set June 17 and July 22 as dates to receive bids for the project, but no bid received thus far has been accepted.
In new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• A $2,800 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for administrative fees.
• A $4,041 supplemental appropriation to the Concealed Handgun License Fund for salary and benefits.
• Authorizing Seneca Regional Planning Commission as the grant administrator for the Capital Improvement Community Park Recreation/Conservation Project. The program is through the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
• Approving the fact-finding report and recommendations between the Seneca County Sheriff and the Ohio Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association.