Commissioners to meet via Zoom Thursday for a regular board session
Seneca County EMS and Seneca County Museum among topics on agenda
[Tiffin, OH August 25, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday via Zoom.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://zoom.us/j/92595230790.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790.
Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook Live on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
Near the beginning of the meeting, Seneca County Emergency Services Director Ken Majors is to address the board. Majors is expected to update the commissioners on the state of EMS in the county.
During old business, the board is expected to continue its discussion on the Seneca County Museum.
The museum has been closed to visitors since March due to the ongoing health crisis, and has been closed to volunteers and staff since April due to financial concerns related to the pandemic.
The commissioners received an offer from the Barnes-Deinzer Seneca County Museum Foundation to assume some operational control at the museum, in exchange for a bigger financial commitment from the group, thus relieving some of the financial strain on the county.
The commissioners agreed earlier this month to do some research and speak with interested stakeholders before making any decisions about the future of the museum.
During new business, the commissioners are to consider:
* A $45,371.20 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for contract projects.
* A $28,862.50 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund fo the Youth Center, including for salaries, Medicare and PERS.
* An $896.45 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for admin fees.
* A $481.45 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District Fund for other expenses.
* A $456,938.74 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office, including money for salaries, Medicare and PERS.