Pre-meeting release for 9/17 session
Commissioners to meet via Zoom Thursday for a regular board session
[Tiffin, OH Sept. 15, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday via Zoom.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at the following link: https://zoom.us/j/92595230790.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790.
Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID.
The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook Live on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
At about 10 a.m., the commissioners will hear from representatives of the Richland County Building Department. The department handles permits for commercial projects in the county.
The board was previously slated to meet with these reps during the Sept. 3 meeting, but the agenda had to be adjusted due to a power outage and the discussion was rescheduled for this week.
In other business, the commissioners are to continue the discussion on potentially sending a letter to state legislators to ask them to repeal House Bill 6.
Commissioner Shayne Thomas initially brought up the topic for consideration to his colleagues.
HB 6, which was signed into law in July 2019, included funding to help continue operations at Davis Besse and Perry, two nuclear plants in Ohio.
Thomas said last week that he was concerned with the alleged corruption that occurred during the process of passing HB 6. Former Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder was arrested in July in connection with a $60 million racketeering conspiracy involving HB 6. Allegedly, Householder helped to get the legislation approved in exchange for payments. Householder was indicted by a federal grand jury on a charge of conspiracy to commit racketeering, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years.
During new business, the commissioners are to consider:
* A $15,405.03 supplemental appropriation to the Bulletproof Vest Fund.
* A $1,620 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Expansion Fund.
* A $21,178.82 supplemental appropriation to the Ditch Maintenance Fund.
* A $30,000 supplemental appropriation to the Workforce Investment Act Fund.
* A $48,600 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Expansion Fund.
* Authorizing Commissioner Tony Paradiso to participate in the Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement and/or Local Transportation Improvement Programs and to execute contracts as required for Issue 1 Round 35 Fiscal Year 2022 for Seneca County.
* The disposal of unneeded, obsolete or unfit county-owned property, a 2000 GMC Savana, on behalf of CROSSWAEH.
* A $461,000.00 supplemental appropriation to the Coronavirus Relief Fund.