Pre-meeting release for 9/19 session
Commissioners to learn more about November event to benefit local veterans
Also to hear from county engineer on several topics
[Tiffin, OH Sept. 17, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
During the meeting, Republic Village Councilman Mike Schreiner, who also serves as the commander of the Sons of the American Legion, is to discuss an upcoming event to benefit local veterans.
Schreiner will discuss the third annual Salute to our Veterans event, which is to occur Nov. 9 at the Meadowbrook Park Ballroom. The event includes a concert featuring Trent Tomlinson, The Eric Sowers Band and Luke Rausch. Tickets are on sale at Perry Street Market in New Riegel, Bill Sowers Landscape, Tree and Gift Shop in Sycamore, The Viaduct Bar and Grille in Tiffin, Sauber’s Stumble Inn in Bascom and Simply Susan’s in Tiffin.
Tickets also can be purchased online at this link.
The event has raised thousands of dollars in the past couple of years.
During appointments, County Engineer Mark Zimmerman is to address the commissioners on a few different issues. Zimmerman is expected to discuss the Ohio Utility Protection Service (OUPS) which is an organization that works to prevent damage to member facilities and to promote public safety by providing efficient and effective communication and education processes related to digging. The organization encourages residents to contact Ohio811 before digging because it’s safe, convenient, free and the law.
The commissioners are to consider a resolution which will allow the engineer to submit a voting member application for OUPS on behalf of the Seneca County Sewer District. The board also is to consider sewer rates for 2020 for the New Riegel, Honey Creek, Heinsman and Bascom Sewer District.
In other business, the commissioners are to open bids for a 63.75-acre parcel near the Seneca County Airport in Hopewell Township.
Also during the meeting, representatives from Krout Elementary School will inform the commissioners on the school district’s Read to Succeed Program.
During resolutions, the board is to consider:
* A $4,423.35 supplemental appropriation to the Drugged Driving Enforcement Program Fund.
* A $15,007 supplemental appropriation to the Targeted Community Alternatives to Prison Fund.
* A $60,900 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Fund.
* A $118,141.94 fund transfer to the Child Support Enforcement Fund.
* A $15,000 fund transfer to the Victims of Crime Act Fund to the Transfers In line.
* A $10,000 fund transfer to the Special Projects Fund to the Transfers In line.
* Appointing Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost on behalf of the Seneca County Prosecutor.
* Establishing the Impaired Driving Enforcement Program Fund and the Selective Traffic Enforcement Program.