Commissioners to congratulate local couple for outstanding service award
[Tiffin, OH – Sept. 27, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
Near the beginning of the meeting, the commissioners are expected to present a proclamation to Robert and Rita Mae Kelbley.
The Kelbleys received the 2022 Senior Citizen Outstanding Community Service Award earlier this month from the Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging.
Seneca County Commission on Aging Executive Director Bryan Glover is expected to be in attendance to help celebrate the honor for this local couple.
Robert is a US Army veteran and former fire chief and long-time firefighter for New Riegel Volunteer Fire Department. Both Robert and Rita Mae have dedicated their lives to service through various community organizations, including working as precinct election officials. The commissioners are excited to thank them for their contributions to the community.
In new business, the board is to consider:
* A $1,471.50 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for contract services.
* A $9,000 supplemental appropriation to the Sheriff’s Commissary Fund for equipment.
* A $1,000 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District Fund for supplies.
* A $2,372.50 supplemental appropriation to the Seneca County Sewer District Replacement and Improvement Fund for capital improvements.
* An $11,229 supplemental appropriation to the FY 20 COSSAP (Comprehensive Stimulant and Substance Abuse Program) Fund in various lines.
* A $50,000 appropriation adjustment to the County Capital Projects Fund for the Old Youth Center to the Annex.
*Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for the Seneca County Dog Warden Addition.
* A lease agreement between the commissioners and Seneca Regional Planning Commissioner, 71 S. Washington St., Ste. 1104, effective January 2023.
* Accepting the petition and granting the annexation for the city of Fostoria for parcels of land in the northwest of section 30 of Jackson Township.