Post-meeting release 2/25
Commissioners receive bids for road maintenance project, handle financial matters
[Tiffin, OH Feb. 25, 2020] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners received three bids for a road maintenance project Thursday morning.
The project, a superstructure replacement with prestressed box beams, is to occur on portions of CR 56 and CR 38.
The engineer’s estimate for the project is $251,750.
The following bids were received:
1. Geddis Paving and Excavating, of Toledo, $257,610
2. Crawford Construction Company, of Galion, $236,119.96
3. Great Lakes Demolition Company, of Vickery, $299,563.52
Also during the session, the board discussed potential salary/wage increases for county employees paid out of the General Fund. During last year’s budget cycle, the commissioners agreed to defer a decision on raises due to the uncertain economic climate brought on by COVID-19. Due to positive economic indicators, including the first two sales tax reports of 2021, the board is considering increases to General Fund personnel lines.
The February report, which includes sales tax receipts from most of November and some of December, was reported as $817,367.53. This represents a 5.9-percent increase from the February 2020 report. Through two months this year, sales tax income is up 8.8 percent compared to last year.
County Administrator Stacy Wilson presented a spreadsheet Thursday showing the budgetary impact of potential increases. A 3-percent boost for General Fund personnel lines would increase the General Fund budget by $445,321.52, while a 4-percent boost would increase the budget by $532,490.43.
The commissioners agreed to take a week to consider all options before making a decision.
During new business, the board approved:
* A $10,000 fund advance from the General Fund to the Impaired Driving Enforcement Program Fund.
* A $5,000 fund advance from the General Fund to the Selective Traffic Enforcement Program Fund,
* A $9,400 fund advance repayment from the Community Development Block Grant Fund to the General Fund.
* Setting Thursday, March 25 at 10:15 a.m. to receive sealed bids for one, 64-passenger yellow school bus for the Seneca County Opportunity Center.
* The satisfaction of two mortgages for Jeremy Brubaker for the satisfaction of his loans with the Seneca County Commissioners for work through the Community Housing Improvement Program, FY 2005.
* Adopting the revised compensation pan for the Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services Non-Bargaining Unit employees.
* Setting Thursday, March 11 at 10 a.m. receive sealed requests for proposals for CROSSWAEH for a general contractor.