Commissioners to debut Seneca County Video Tour, consider resolutions and appropriations
[Tiffin, Ohio – Jan. 10, 2023] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 12th at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
During appointments, the commissioners are to display the Seneca County Video Tour.
The video series, a collaborative effort between Seneca County and CGI Digital, aims to welcome and attract new residents and employees by highlighting the many things the community has to offer.
The video tour includes segments on workforce development and job opportunities, collaboration efforts between county entities, education for all ages, county parks and recreation and a welcome video.
There are five videos in total, and they can be found on the Seneca County Commissioners’ website home page, senecacountyohio.gov.
The video series was produced without any cost to taxpayers. A press release and a link to the video series is to be released on Wednesday.
In new business, the commissioners are to consider:
• A $10,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the employee – salaries line.
• A $145 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for Medicare.
• A $5,000 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for software licenses/services.
• A $2,400 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District Fund for contract services.
• A resolution Designating Board Appointments for the Commissioners for 2023.
• Authorizing an amendment to the lease agreement between the Seneca County Board of Commissioners and Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services
• Establishing the ability to dispose of unneeded, obsolete or unfit county property by means of online internet auction as an alternative to public auction or sealed bid and charging county department administrators or directors with disposal management oversight; retroactive to January 1, 2023.
• Resolution to designate the official representative and alternate for the purpose of voting at the annual meeting of the County Commissioners Association of Ohio in 2023.
• Authorizing the contract agreement for medical services with Dr. Chris Sears on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Department.
• Authorizing the lease agreement with Seneca County Park District at 3362 South Township Road 151, Tiffin, Ohio 44883 effective January 1, 2023, and ending December 31, 2023.