Pre-meeting release for 11/26 session
Commissioners to meet Tuesday, budget to be a major topic of discussion
[Tiffin, OH Nov. 25, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The commissioners invited members of the county’s Budget Commission to attend the meeting to continue discussions on the General Fund budget as the board inches closer to its approval.
The Budget Commission annually certifies a revenue figure for the General Fund budget that the commissioners can work within.
Last week, County Administrator Stacy Wilson gave an update on the General Fund budget. She said although not every wish list item for departments is granted in the latest draft of the General Fund budget, the current estimates are $17.4 million for revenue and $17.3 million for expenses.
The 2019 General Fund budget, which was approved in November, called for about $17.8 million in revenue and $17.5 million in expenses.
In other business, the board is expected to discuss the Local Government Fund Public Safety funding formula and the Seneca County General Health District’s lease with the county at the County Services Building.
In new business, the commissioners are to consider:
* A $77.72 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund.
* A $19,624.43 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Grant Fund in the transfers out line.
* A fund advance from the Delinquent Real Estate Tax and Assessment Collection Fund to the General Fund of $300,000. This is a repayment of funds fronted from the General Fund to help the Land Bank program.
* Expenditures for public safety from the Local Government Fund for 2020, 2021 and 2022.
* Re-appointing Bryan Rannigan to the County Law Library Resources Board, term expiring Dec. 31, 2024.