Pre-meeting release for 12/19 session
Commissioners to talk budget with county veterans service commission
Also to discuss potential projects for upcoming state capital budget
[Tiffin, OH Dec. 17, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
At about 10 a.m., the board is to open bids for a Ford Transit U4x-XL truck on behalf of the Seneca County Veterans Service Commission.
Also, the commissioners are to discuss the budget for the veterans service commission.
During old business, Mike Dittoe, of High Bridge Consulting, is to give an update to the commissioners on projects that the county could apply for state capital budget funding.
Dittoe is expected to present potential project ideas and ask the commissioners to prioritize them.
In August, the board signed a contract with High Bridge for assistance on the state capital budget.
According to the agency’s website, High Bridge specializes in government affairs, public relations, lobbying, strategic communication and management of political campaigns.
The commissioners agreed to bring High Bridge on to lend assistance during the state capital budget process, while also agreeing to consider bringing the consultant back on for future projects.
The biennial Capital Budget process generally begins during the late summer of odd-numbered years. The budget is enacted in each even-numbered year.
The contract services proposal from High Bridge to the county included a letter from Dittoe who states “(we) believe we are the firm best positioned to lead your efforts in the state capital budget, and perhaps beyond.”
The contract includes compensation of $2,500 monthly. With a 30-day notice, either party could terminate the contract. The contract also states that both entities will re-evaluate the deal after March 31.
Commissioner Mike Kerschner said in August that the contract is a great way to make sure Seneca County’s interests are represented in Columbus.
During new business, the commissioners are to consider:
* A decrease of 443,904.90 to the Public Assistance Fund.
* A $37,000 supplemental appropriation to the Children Services Fund.
* A $28,993 fund advance repayment from the County CDBG17 Fund to the General Fund.
* A $29,000 fund advance repayment from the County CDBG17 Fund to the General Fund.
* Amending the resolutions that approved the General Fund and non-General Fund budgets for 2020.
* Authorizing the disposal of unneeded, obsolete or unfit county-owned property – a 2012 Komatsu mini excavator.
* Appointing a member replacement to the Seneca County Revolving Loan Fund Board.