Pre-meeting release for 12/27 session
Commissioners to recognize county officials, speak with Auditor on Tuesday
[Tiffin, Ohio – Dec. 23, 2022] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 27th at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
During the session, the commissioners are expected to honor and celebrate Seneca County Common Pleas Court Judge Michael P. Kelbley, who is completing his final term as judge after decades of public service, and long-time Tax Map Office employee Dawn Fitch, who is retiring after 32 years with the county.
It is also the final scheduled board meeting for Seneca County Commissioner Mike Kerschner.
At about 10:30 a.m., the commissioners are to meet with County Auditor Julie Adkins. Adkins joined the commissioners earlier this month to make a financial request. Adkins requested an additional $22,000 to cover increasing expenses for administering the sale of dog licenses, which are expected to generate about $24,472.50 for the Auditor’s Office in 2023. The Dog and Kennel Fund, which is used by the Seneca County Dog Warden’s Office, will receive the rest of the funding generated through the sale of dog licenses, per the Ohio Revised Code. The commissioners said earlier this month they would research the issue further before hoping to decide on Tuesday.
In new business, the board is to consider:
• Renewal of Fairfield Computer Services LLC online dog license program agreement on behalf of the Seneca County Auditor and Dog Warden.
• Agreement with Seneca County General Health District for 2023 medical and health care services on behalf of the Seneca County Youth Center.
• Contract service agreement with Crawford County Board of Commissioners for the receipt, custody and care of Crawford County juveniles on behalf of the Seneca County Youth Center in 2023.
• Agreement with Resource Solutions Associates on behalf of the Seneca County Emergency Management Agency.
• Amendment to resolution certifying unpaid assessments to the County Auditor for collection under Ohio Revised Code Section 6117.02.
• Resolution authorizing fund transfers to the Budget Stabilization Fund (1900), bringing the fund to just under $2 million and maximizing the amount that can be statutorily invested in the “Rainy-Day Fund” for 2022.
• Resolution to approve American Rescue Plan Act fund requests in accordance with federal guidelines.
• Resolution to approve the fifth amendment to the agreement of sublease between the Department of Rehabilitation and Correction and the County of Seneca.
• Acceptance of petition and granting of annexation to the City of Fostoria for certain parcels of land in Jackson Township.
• Regulatory compliance amendment to the Master Services Agreement with Pay Tel Communications on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff.
• Amendment to a contract with IamResponding for emergency services.
• Emergency medical services agreement with the Seneca County Joint Ambulance District.
• Agreement with Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. for general services agreement on behalf of the Seneca County Airport.
• Amendment to the contract between the City of Tiffin and the Seneca County Prosecutor’s Office.