Commissioners to host first in-person meeting in more than a year Thursday
[Tiffin, OH — July 6, 2021] — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The session will be the first in-person meeting since March 26, 2020, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be available on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on the different platforms.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
During Thursday’s meeting, the board is slated to hear a report from Ohio Department of Transportation representatives.
In other action, the commissioners are expected to open proposals in response to a Request for Proposals for applications for the deposit of public money and open bids for the CR 52 pavement widening and resurfacing project. The commissioners also are expected to enter into an executive session for collective bargaining discussions.
During new business, the board is to consider:
* A $20,000 supplemental appropriation to the County Engineer’s Maintenance and Repair Fund.
* A $3,000 supplemental appropriation to the Juvenile Program and Services for contract services.
* A $7,362 supplemental appropriation to the Concealed Handgun License Fund for equipment.
* A $16,324.67 supplemental appropriation to the Community Development Block Grant Program Year 2019 Allocation Grant for Melmore Park upgrades.
* A $3,352 supplemental appropriation to the Victims of Crime Act Expansions in various lines.
* An $850 supplemental appropriation to the General Special Projects Fund for contract services.
* A $500,000 supplemental appropriation to the Children Services Fund for the SS-1 Grant (correction).
* A subgrant agreement with Great Lakes Community Action Partnership on behalf of Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services.
* Lifting the emergency declaration for Seneca County established under resolutions 20-68 and 20-87.
* Rescinding the addendum to Resolution 20-87.
* Approving the SFY 22 subgrant agreement between the Ohio DJFS and the Seneca County Commissioners to establish the terms, conditions and requirements governing the administration and use of the financial assistance received by or used by Seneca County DJFS.
* A contract with M&B Asphalt, of Tiffin, for the CR 47 pavement resurfacing project. The company’s bid was $621,731.50.
* An agreement on behalf of the Seneca County Juvenile Court with the Capital University Family and Youth Law Center.
* A subgrant agreement with the Ohio Department of Medicaid and the Ohio DJFS on behalf of Seneca County DJFS.
* A contract service agreement with Pivot Point Partners, LLC, on behalf of the county auditor’s office, effective Aug. 1, 2021.
* An agreement of services for the subsidy grant for community-based corrections agreement 407 on behalf of Seneca County Common Pleas Court.
* The approval to credit each active employee as of July 8, 2021, with one day of holiday pay that can be used anytime with approval from their appointing authority during 2021 in recognition of the Juneteenth holiday.
* Hiring Dan Frankart as an intermittent EMT for Seneca County EMS, effective July 14, 2021.
* Authorizing the county engineer to install stop signs at the CR 31 private railroad crossing per the request of Carmeuse.
* Rejecting all bids from June 17, 2021, for renovations at the CROSSWAEH facility.
* Setting time, date and pace to receive bids for renovations at the CROSSWAEH facility.