Commissioners to hear from US Census Bureau and Senator Portman’s office
Also to continue discussion on electric vehicle charging stations
[Tiffin, OH August 20, 2019] – The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
Near the beginning of the meeting, the board is scheduled to meet with Chad Stover of the US Census Bureau.
Stover is expected to discuss the importance of participation in the 2020 Census count. A larger quantity of participants could lead to more federal funding for the county.
Stover also is expected to explain the census process and to encourage the commissioners to establish a “complete count committee.”
In other business, Cayla Scheffler, of Senator Rob Portman’s Office, is to address the board on the latest happenings from the senator’s office.
Also during the meeting, Seneca Regional Planning Commission Executive Director Charlene Watkins will return to continue the discussion about a grant opportunity that could provide electric vehicle charging stations in the county.
John Recker of AEP Ohio explained the grant opportunity to commissioners last week. The board decided to take a week to consider the information before deciding on if it should pursue the program.
During resolutions, the board is to consider:
* A $2,500 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District for contract services.
* A $3,000 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District for equipment.
* A $2,342 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District for contract services.
* A $1,000 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District for supplies.
* A $1,100 supplemental appropriation to the DRETAC Fund for other expenses.
* A $1,400 supplemental appropriation to the Juvenile Court Special Projects Fund for contract services.